Are you planning to give your kitchen a makeover? Start with the cabinet. Cabinets are the backbone of every kitchen. It forms both the aesthetic and functional elements of the heart of your home. Since there are several options to choose from, deciding which type and style to take can be daunting.
Importance of kitchen cabinets
Because it is where food is prepared, the kitchen is rightfully called the heart of the home. It is then crucial to ensure that the kitchen is always in tip-top shape. An essential part of the room is the cabinetry. Without these storage spaces, the kitchen might be a total mess, and meal preparation will always feel chaotic.
To state the obvious, cabinets serve as storage for a broad array of items. They house utensils, ingredients, cookbooks, small appliances, and many other things necessary for creating fuel for the family every day. Properly storing these things also keeps them clean, vital in keeping the family healthy.
Adequate storage space ensures effective organization and processes in the kitchen. Materials can be sorted in cabinet compartments and shelves, so it is easy to find them when you need them. The efficient organization also prevents food spoilage.
Covered stowage immediately contributes to a clutter-free appearance of the kitchen. Add simple veneers to your doors, and it transforms the entire look of the room. Since they make up a large part of the kitchen, giving them a facelift will feel like remodeling the whole room.
Factors to consider
Planning is critical to get you started in any remodeling project without stressing out. If you have decided to upgrade your kitchen by modifying your cabinets, here are a few questions to guide you through the process.
How much is your budget?
Knowing how much you are willing to spend at the start of any project saves you a lot of time and effort. Do your research on how much kitchen renovations cost, particularly cabinet rehab. Reading this article is a good starting point.
On average, cabinets make up around 50% of a whole kitchen remodeling budget. If you initially planned on renovating the kitchen but found out that the cost is too high, know that half of it belongs to the cabinet expenditure. Worry not for as have been mentioned before, face lifting your cabinets will be worthwhile. It can upgrade the entire appearance of your kitchen.
Your final project price will depend on the options that you will choose. These include the material you will use, finishing, hardware, and other organizing gadgets. Prioritize what you need or want to make sure they fit your set budget. On the other hand, if budget is not a concern, splurge! Improving your kitchen cabinetry is a good investment.
How do you work around your cabinets?
More than how it looks, decide on how it works. Do you prefer drawers or shelving? You can have a mix of both. Kitchen drawers are great for maximizing the space and enhancing the organization. But since they require additional sliding mechanisms, they are more expensive. Cabinets are a better choice if space is not your concern. They are easy to clean and maintain and are also more affordable.
Whichever you choose, consider your workflow in the kitchen and the things you are storing in them. If you are having them customized, pick a design to fit your lifestyle. Also, make sure that the design you choose is suitable for what you want to put in them. Allot accessible access spaces for the objects that you often use.
What material are you leaning to use?
Materials for making cabinets are stainless steel, melamine, metal, or wood. The most popular choice is solid wood. If you aren’t sure, consult with an experienced kitchen designer. Casci DesignWorks Inc. has over 45 years of experience in home remodeling and design projects. Visit us at http://www.cascidesignworks.com/.
What do you want your cabinet to look like
- Home and kitchen style: Consider your home and kitchen style when picking your cabinet design. Your kitchen, especially your cabinets, should follow suit. They should also complement and observe the color scheme. Is your house traditional or modern?
- Door profile: Doors are the visible part of your stowage. That is why choosing its style is essential. Many door profiles are available such as shaker, slab, and raised panel (square, arched, or cathedral). You can also consider flat cabinets if you’re going for the modern look.
- Finishing: Are you eyeing for a natural look? Then pick a solid wood finish. It can either be finished, stained, or painted. If you prefer a more elaborate touch, choose decorative finishes like crackle, glazed, or distressed. Some opt for light-colored cabinets that are easy to clean. Also, if you are a fan of bright white or dark navy colors, they are in this season!
- Hardware: Handles, pulls, and knobs are the final touches for your cabinets. Choose the right ones to fit the style and function you are vying for. If you are looking into sleek designs, hidden and minimalistic handles are also available.
- Others: Do you dream of having a warm glow that lights up your countertop? These are under cabinet lighting. It makes the space both stylish and practical.
Another thing to consider is the gadgets that help in organization and workflow. Utensil dividers make it easy for you to separate tools you use in different types of cooking. If you keep a lot of spice, a dedicated rack or a shallow drawer to organize them sounds good.
Smaller kitchens also need quite a lot of effort in maximizing spaces. Installing hooks, risers, and small shelving on the wall will go a long way in organizing stuff in your kitchen.
If you live in Sacramento and need help finding the perfect cabinets for your kitchen, call Casci DesignWorks Inc. today! We offer complete home design services, and we specialize in kitchen design and bathroom design. Contact us today at 916.216.2786 to enjoy stress-free kitchen makeover projects!