Mashed Potato and Turkey Soup
If you love soup, this recipe utilizes both the turkey and the mashed potato left-overs! One of my favorites…
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 medium yellow onion, diced
- 2 cups button mushrooms, sliced
- 1 medium carrot, coarsely grated
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 4 cups low sodium chicken broth
- 3 cups mashed potatoes
- 2 cups cooked turkey, chopped
- salt & freshly ground black pepper, to taste
In a large saucepan over medium-high heat, melt butter. Add the onion, mushrooms, carrot, and thyme, and saute until the onion is just translucent, about 4-5 minutes.
Add the broth and mashed potatoes. Stir until potatoes are mostly dissolved and broth is smooth.
Add the turkey and bring to a simmer. Reduce heat to medium-low and cook, stirring occasionally, until heated through, about 10 minutes. Season to taste with salt and pepper.